Shadows of Siranda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Odd Issue With Hosting...Help Appreciated

Go down

Odd Issue With Hosting...Help Appreciated Empty Re: Odd Issue With Hosting...Help Appreciated

Post  Amadahy Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Okay, I just looked at the server logs.

"GameSpy Server Error: Unable to query the server. You may need to open port 5121 for incoming traffic."

so the question becomes...how do I do that, when I can't get into my router information? And why did it randomly close in the first place.

Amadahy

Back to top Go down

Odd Issue With Hosting...Help Appreciated Empty Re: Odd Issue With Hosting...Help Appreciated

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 pm

By reset you mean turn the router off and then on again, right?

Back to top Go down

Post  Amadahy Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 pm

yes, off then on.

also, got into the router, the ports are all open properly, and working fine.

Amadahy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Have you checked your computer's firewall?

Back to top Go down

Post  Amadahy Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:01 pm

There is no firewall. However, I solved it. The IP that the ports were open to was wrong. Somehow one digit got changed in them. Go go being mule-headed stubborn.

Amadahy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 pm

That was the next item on my check list!

Here is a webcomic that may be relevant to your previous problem: http://xkcd.com/722/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum