An Explanation, please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:15 am

I was just banned for "excessive pickpocketing, godmodding, griefing and refusal to accept DM decisions... and escaping punishment".

Now, I'm not quite sure why, as I have not used the pickpocket skill at all since the ban, do not even know what "godmodding" is, and am well above griefing now. Unless you count Rastan's IC actions as "griefing", which I don't, because it isn't.
I can understand the last two, but that's mostly because the judgements were false and without reason, in my eyes.

I think it would be courteous to at least explain in full. In any case, a permanent ban is a tad over-the-top.
-MelonGrenade. ("Rastan Cain")

Edit: probably in the wrong section; sorry.
avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Boo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:37 am

God Emoting :

When a character is portrayed with having god-like powers otherwise unobtainable to a human being. Meaning you cant fly, or always win a fight without making anything fair.
avatar
Boo

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 23
Location : Earth!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:54 am

Thankyou. Yeah, I never do that.
avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Anonymous :) on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:15 am

I will take my time to explain what I, as a new player, feel about you and what I have experienced.

Roleplaying is about having fun but not at the expense of others
Correct me if I am wrong but I have noticed that you seem to be targeting lower level and/or new players with your forced emotes. With forced emotes I mean you are writing them as if they automatically hit all the time unless the player opposes. Not that it matters if the player demands a roll because you know that your target cant beat your rolls which is a sign that you are technically metagaming. Seeing a new player with a new character makes it easy to assume OOCly that the player is low level but that doesn't mean the character is inexperienced and weak (well due to game limitations it does mean so) and I think you are using this to constantly harass every low level you can get your hands on.


Griefing
Sometimes this can be for no reason whatsoever or sometimes it can be because you simply dislike something another character says which isn't necessarily targeted at you. You try to provoke people to the point that you feel you are justified to take some form of action against the player, may it be dicefight or PVP. At one occasion you followed me to the Temple of Sharess, knowing I was followed I stopped by the stairs and then I notice the doors of the temple closing and the two of you appearing and for no reason whatsoever you tried to pee on my character which I respond that I skillfully dodged (Yes, I too can make forced emotes) and when I made a run for the temple you killed me with a fire trap placed on the door that dealt 83 damage.

Trolling
Your actions seem to lack motive and no, being Chaotic Evil (often mistaken with Chaotic Stupid) is not a motivation nor a proper reason to randomly harass people people with your poor taste of RP. I view this as nothing else than trolling and bullying that you do for laughs with your pals.

Immaturity
Yes I do not need to point out that pissing and pooping is immature and you have done both, spitting at someone for a justified reason is okay but that is where I would personally draw the line because of the main thing I pointed out earlier, have fun when you roleplay with others but not at the expense of their fun.


Anonymous :)

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

Anonymous Smile wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I have noticed that you seem to be targeting lower level

You are wrong. Rastan don't normally "target" people. Rastan just sees people, and goes for them. Usually, if they ignore Rastan, or are rude to Rastan (ICly) it is exacerbated. When I assume autosuccess, I do it to save time, as my stats are high compared to theirs; it is openly disputable. It sounds to me that you suggest punishing me for being max level. I happily harass those the same level as me; it's just they very rarely rile Rastan.

Anonymous Smile wrote: Sometimes (griefing) can be for no reason whatsoever or sometimes it can be because you simply dislike something another character says which isn't necessarily targeted at you.

You are taking in-character actions as an out-of-character grievance. The character of Rastan (crude as it is) is one that does provoke fights for very little reason, and that does take offence to things other people say about other people very easily. Put simply, Rastan loves a fight, sometimes for the personal gain that is some of their belongings from their unconscious corpse, sometimes for the discarded broken teeth of the victim, and sometimes simply for the adrenalin rush.
The whole peeing/pooping on halfling things is one with its roots within Rastan's racism for anything that isn't human. That fire trap was absolutely nothing to do with me; I don't even have set trap as a skill.

Anonymous Smile wrote:Your actions seem to lack motive
Admittedly, Rastan's actions could see to lack motive. It is simply for personal gain. Rastan is naught but a petty thug, and beating people up and stealing their stuff is the way he asserts his "dominance" For a start, Rastan isn't chaotic evil, he is neutral evil, although I will admit he is straying into chaos. It is not my fault that you view my IC actions as OOC "bullying".

Being immature is not against the rules. As I said, the excrement is because Rastan has so little respect for halflings and indeed other non-humans, being a horrible specist.
I do see your final point,"not at the expense at their fun"; all I can say is, take it lightly and it will be a lot more enjoyable. Play it off. The best way to react to the bully is not at all, after all.

I will admit that Rastan's actions have got a little out-of-hand recently.

avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Boo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:54 am

Just remember that some actions might need a bit of talking with the player, so say if you are hating on their character, have a bit of a conversation with them so they get the impression it's truely RP, which it should be. And there needs to be antagonizing characters to keep things going.

I personally dont think that your a bad player or anything, and the only thing that I see that is really worthy of being perma banned for, is not cooperating with a DM. Why?

It's your privelege to play on their server and extremely impolite to say that it's a right instead. They make the rules, and enforce them as they see fit, so on so forth you know the rest.

I know that I know pretty much nothing about what happened between you and a DM, so dont think i'm judging at all. Just giving my 5 cents.
avatar
Boo

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 23
Location : Earth!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  InvalidOpinion on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 am

Personally, the reason I dislike you and Ghost is the fact that half the roleplay you have with my characters is hostile.

You PVP and RP-Fight constantly, and personally it gets really, really annoying.

All I'm going to say on the matter; the others covered it pretty well.

InvalidOpinion

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am

I myself cannot remember whatever incident Fox is referring to. Nevertheless, and no disrespect meant, but being a DM does not stop you from being wrong.

InvalidOpinion; Did you not think that perhaps the reason the roleplaying between Ghost, Rastan and your characters are hostile is because you have a knack for playing characters that provoke hostility from them? In any case; try not to take IC grievances OOC.
avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  zDarkShadowz on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 pm

Odd how you say your character is racist to anything not human, yet you deem to speak other languages beyond common... even abyssal...
avatar
zDarkShadowz

Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 26
Location : Not playing here, indefinitely.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  InvalidOpinion on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:01 pm

Rith, Ghost and Sin..I'm 100% sure that at least one of them aren't 100% human.

InvalidOpinion

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Anonymous :) on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:24 pm

MelonGrenade wrote:
You are taking in-character actions as an out-of-character grievance.

Yes, in character they are but still not for a good reason other than you being a troll.

MelonGrenade wrote:
The character of Rastan (crude as it is) is one that does provoke fights for very little reason, and that does take offence to things other people say about other people very easily. Put simply, Rastan loves a fight, sometimes for the personal gain that is some of their belongings from their unconscious corpse, sometimes for the discarded broken teeth of the victim, and sometimes simply for the adrenalin rush.
The whole peeing/pooping on halfling things is one with its roots within Rastan's racism for anything that isn't human.
Nothing wrong with your character concept but try execute it with more RP and less trolling.

MelonGrenade wrote:
That fire trap was absolutely nothing to do with me; I don't even have set trap as a skill.
I apologize I did not see which one of you it was who placed it due to stealth, my bad.


MelonGrenade wrote:
Admittedly, Rastan's actions could see to lack motive. It is simply for personal gain. Rastan is naught but a petty thug, and beating people up and stealing their stuff is the way he asserts his "dominance" For a start, Rastan isn't chaotic evil, he is neutral evil, although I will admit he is straying into chaos. It is not my fault that you view my IC actions as OOC "bullying".

Normally player versus player requires a proper RP reason other than "It is my alignment, I am going to smash in John Doe and then poop on his face because it is my personal gain and I want to show dominance, HUR HUR!". There is no personal gain here because you are a high level and you have already the gear you need, stealing stuff you do not need from others for "teh lulz" is not personal gain.

Asking people not to take your "IC actions" as OOC is difficult when your actions are not justified and when they are only done to make you and your buddies laugh your asses off OOCly.

I am not mad OOCly at you or anything I just think that the way you execute your RP is more for the OOC lulz than it is RP which makes it hypocritical for you to say "It's IC don't take it OOCly" to everyone else.

MelonGrenade wrote:
Being immature is not against the rules.
Nope but it does ruin the fun of those who has to witness it which again goes back to my point of not having fun at the expense of others.


MelonGrenade wrote: As I said, the excrement is because Rastan has so little respect for halflings and indeed other non-humans, being a horrible specist.
Find a more appropriate way to RP out your dislike for other races


MelonGrenade wrote:
I do see your final point,"not at the expense at their fun"; all I can say is, take it lightly and it will be a lot more enjoyable. Play it off.
I do not find pooping and pissing on others as enjoyable so you can only speak for yourself on that regard and you are likely the only one that enjoys it because you are not the receiving end of it.


MelonGrenade wrote:
The best way to react to the bully is not at all, after all.
Funny because you did mention that Rastan randomly pick his victims and if one decides to ignore Rastan it will only get worse.

MelonGrenade wrote:
I will admit that Rastan's actions have got a little out-of-hand recently.
Understatement

Anonymous :)

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  TrinityShade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Evidently, When you go past someone's Green, Yellow and Red Lights. It's improper, to take a dump on a character is another thing entirely awful. You also were spared earlier today since you tried to screw around with Nyx. I had half a mind to have her cut you down in the process evidently, but that was all IC. I just suggest you tone down what you think your character should do, and think about it abit more clearly on the OOCly well being and thought from others before you commit the act if it's abit over the line. It may be a Dog Eat Dog World for the survivors, but the players also need to feel welcomed and secured that they aren't on another jack-ass server. Else well? You lose player-base and you end up getting banned from complaints. Like yourself.
avatar
TrinityShade

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:02 pm

Odd how you say your character is racist to anything not human, yet you deem to speak other languages beyond common... even abyssal...
We decided for abyssal to be our secret language a while ago, because no one else speaks it.

Rith, Ghost and Sin..I'm 100% sure that at least one of them aren't 100% human.
I know Ghost is. Sin I don't know about. Rith, I couldn't care less.

Yes, in character they are but still not for a good reason other than you being a troll.
They are in-character and not against the rules.

less trolling
See above.

Normally player versus player requires a proper RP reason other than "It is my alignment, I am going to smash in John Doe and then poop on his face because it is my personal gain and I want to show dominance, HUR HUR!". There is no personal gain here because you are a high level and you have already the gear you need, stealing stuff you do not need from others for "teh lulz" is not personal gain.

Seeing as being a high level and having the best gear are entirely out-of-character concepts, I see that this as no reason for Rastan not to pick on people; was it not one of your previous points that "OOCly that the player is low level but that doesn't mean the character is inexperienced and weak"? Rastan is a hoarding little bastard to the point where at one point his entire inventory was filled with stolen useless junk. It doesn't help that there is nowhere to sell this other than a trash bin.

Asking people not to take your "IC actions" as OOC is difficult when your actions are not justified and when they are only done to make you and your buddies laugh your asses off OOCly.

They are justified. I have already explained this. Sometimes people do things just for shits and giggles.

Find a more appropriate way to RP out your dislike for other races
No.

Funny because you did mention that Rastan randomly pick his victims and if one decides to ignore Rastan it will only get worse.
Yes, ignoring him in-character will make it get worse. If you take it as a joke OOCly, and don't let it get to you to the point you get the DMs to permanently ban me without even speaking to me about it, then it would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

Evidently, When you go past someone's Green, Yellow and Red Lights. It's improper, to take a dump on a character is another thing entirely awful. You also were spared earlier today since you tried to screw around with Nyx. I had half a mind to have her cut you down in the process evidently, but that was all IC.
I'm afraid I don't know what you are saying.

I just suggest you tone down what you think your character should do, and think about it abit more clearly on the OOCly well being and thought from others before you commit the act if it's abit over the line. It may be a Dog Eat Dog World for the survivors, but the players also need to feel welcomed and secured that they aren't on another jack-ass server. Else well? You lose player-base and you end up getting banned from complaints. Like yourself.
I understand this, and if Fox had -spoken- to me before banning me, then perhaps I could have. But no, the first thing I knew about it was being banned.

avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  TrinityShade on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:19 pm

When I speak Traffic Lights, I mean such as things that are ok and good so go, slow down and then stop. OOC Preferences, Or example if you rip someone's arm off they may not like that. It's better to ask them first so you and their RP may be enjoyable.
avatar
TrinityShade

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-05-01
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Boo on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:58 am

I think that maybe your character needs a little more developing. You seemed to fill in the gaps with a bit of .. well, nonsense.

If you play ~ANY RP, I guarantee you, nobody 'poops' on people, unless you're some sort of deranged monkey. Buuuuut. He isnt.
Maybe you consider that RP? The rest of us dont. You could easily replace that with being less patient, more hardy and generally angry about your prejudice, since you might feel hatred or disguist towards them, or whatever. It's just nobody will ~Poop.~ on someone else.

Try maybe filling out a few character sheets to make sure you know who your character is, and it might help you find him a story to back up his RP.

Also, there's nothing wrong with RP being a troll, since there are bound to be that type of people, yes. Buuuuut. When you do~ take it too far, it seems more like an act of OOC hate.

Example: Siolyn felt rather wrong that Rastan was pretending to be a paladin, and ultimately trolling the roll of a paladin. -- And that is fine. Buuuuuuut. He randomly swings his bat, nearly kills my character for no reason what-so-ever, and then i'm kinda left wondering if that was supposed to be IC or OOC. I didnt get any warning, I was new, and I just about stopped playing Siolyn, in the case I would have to roleplay him with broken ribs, and more then likely a broken jaw, and arm. Just because playing a vegitable is not very fun.

You have the potential to be a really good player, you just need to fix up on a few things. Smile
avatar
Boo

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-06-25
Age : 23
Location : Earth!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Penquisitor on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:06 am

TrinityShade wrote:When I speak Traffic Lights, I mean such as things that are ok and good so go, slow down and then stop. OOC Preferences, Or example if you rip someone's arm off they may not like that. It's better to ask them first so you and their RP may be enjoyable.

I can't say that I agree with this. There are no such things as traffic lights in real life. If you get murdered you can't say "I don't like this so stop." However I get what you're going at. If you know people don't like one thing, you could at least try and avoid doing it to them, or tone down on it. For instance: People don't like getting sacrificed to Cyric so I only use Despair twice every month.
You may be an ass IC, but you don't have to be an ass about it OOC too.
avatar
Penquisitor

Posts : 34
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 24
Location : Brasil/Mexico/Spain/Portugal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  InvalidOpinion on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:47 am

I think the issue is that by playing Rastan THIS LONG, everyone's gotten past the 'oh ignore him' stage. If you had tried a new character, or been less..Rastan, you may not've gotten banned.

There's my two cents, anyways.

InvalidOpinion

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  MelonGrenade on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:35 am

Well, as this ban was without any warning whatsoever, I was not given the chance.
avatar
MelonGrenade

Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Derby.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  DrThor on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:57 am

Seeing as there was no warning given, despite whatever player actions apparently warranted said ban, I have to say I'm not keen on this. I think it was a decision hastily made out of irritation and frustration, which is understandable but inappropriate. I should know, I've made that mistake a couple times before. So I'm saying now that this should at least be discussed among staff and considered fairly. After all, wouldn't it be a reasonable thought that if Melon was doing things that bothered players, we should've just discussed the issue with him? Even if it's something extreme, a fair conversation might have totally turned things around for the better, pleasing both players and the person in question.

I would ask that people please refrain from posting in this thread now until the matter has been discussed with the staff and one of us comes back with a group decision.
avatar
DrThor

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Fox on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 am

The team will meet to form a consensus on the nature of the ban and whether or not it is to be rescinded.
avatar
Fox

Posts : 148
Join date : 2011-04-18
Age : 23
Location : NW England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Explanation, please.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum