Shadows of Siranda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cecillia Amaranda Bart

5 posters

Go down

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Empty Cecillia Amaranda Bart

Post  Kakashi on Crack Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Blondeanimechick

*The young half-elf sat up from her slumber, hearing the sound of undead as she picked up her supplies and quickly departed. She had lived with a man who’s name she could no longer remember for some time. He had claimed that she was the daughter of an Elven druid and boisterous human fighter, but these stories meant nothing over her survival now… The man had died when she was only eight, and had told her to seek out refuge at a home within New Kalaram. She had only been there secretly, and those few times she had, had nearly led to her demise at the hands of undead… Being born into the apocalypse that infested the Island, Cecilia had never had time to dally about in a life for a child. By the time she was 4, she had been given a crossbow, and by the time she was 5, she was skilled enough to know the mechanics of survival. With her “Father” dead, and the fate of her parents unknown, the half-elf girl was left to her life, to find a way to live it, and she was determined to survive. Even with the thoughts of survival engrained into her head though, she looked around the city, the smell of undead natural to her now. She was curious at the new sights within a city instead of a forest hovel, but more than all, she was happy. It was an adventure in its own rights to explore at such a young age, and despite the deadliness of it, a game to her as she looked now upon a boarded home that the Undead seemed to generally ignore… Perhaps this was the place for a new beginning.*

Full name: Cecillia Amaranda Bart

Known Name: Cecillia Amaranda (believes her middle name is her last name)

Nicknames: Child, Half-Breed, Ceci.

Race: Half-Elf

Height: Around 3 feet

Skin Tone: Very light tan

Eye Color: Deep Blue

Place of Birth: The Island Sanctuary

Distinction: Carries an old haggard Teddy Bear around that she calls "Tom." Despite her heritage, those unfamiliar with Elvish features would easily mistake her to be a full-elf child, as at such a young age, her near-frail features and general "look" have made her seem like such. It can be expected that with Age, Cecilia would come to look much more like a half-elf. A notable difference is that while most half-elves have curved Ears, Cecillia's ears almost seem to spread out more than an average elf's.

Religion/Deity: Ehlenestra (Ehlonna) Goddess of Forests, Woodlands, Flora, Fauna, and Fertility.

General Alignment: Due to the childish nature, and innocence of Cecillia at her current age, she is currently Neutral Good. She respects the laws and order of things, and is generally good-natured, but her curiosity and energetic outlook tend to cause her to stray from order on occasion, even go so far as to break laws, usually in good fun.

Last edited by Kakashi on Crack on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:19 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : changed image to be less pedo-baitish)
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

http://z8.invisionfree.com/TLJ/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Empty Re: Cecillia Amaranda Bart

Post  Fox Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Child...Characters...*Twitch.*
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  GHOSTEH Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:05 am

Child Characters!
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Supreme Throne
GHOSTEH
GHOSTEH

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi on Crack Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 am

Never saw anything against it =D

besides, the general idea of a child character in a zombie apocolypse is very interesting, there's just not many people who can pull it off without either being extremely serious or over the top. (and no I don't think I can pull it off better but I want to give it a try)
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

Back to top Go down

Post  DrThor Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 pm

There are no rules preventing the creation of child characters, but we would seriously appreciate you do this tastefully. Just a bit of advice, the anime pedo-bait portrait and upbeat profile doesn't exactly win you brownie points. Might want to try being more realistic with this, and read up on some basic child psychology for starters. I don't think any child of that age would be very positive or very stable and social given the environment she's forced to endure. Survival isn't so much the difficulty, it's interaction with others and how the character has been affected by it's surroundings. Logically speaking, this is next to impossible the way it is, no child would come out in such a way even if the child was supposedly born into the apocalypse. I can't force you to make these changes, but it's highly recommended that you adjust some things to make it more logical and appropriate as not to make us all facepalm and groan.

Interesting quirks to child characters that are logical could be the following:

-Mental instability
-True belief in a mundane Imaginary Friend (This usually vents subconscious thoughts, fears and desires for kids)
-Intense, shaky fear of others (Could even get specific by race, gender, appearance, ect.)
-Repetitive habits (Could be something like a survival precaution or general OCD)
-Intense phobias (Could fall under any category outside of the aforementioned fear of people)
-Severe attachment to a particular item or person (This could even become a violent issue resulting in lashing out in defense of said thing or person)
-Inability to completely trust anyone or anything (Often results in backstabbing, self preserving situations, ect.)
-Prone to emotional fits (Kids naturally are, this is a huge thing no matter what)

Any of these 'quirks' are great things to try out in the roleplay of a child character, and I hope that it helps.
DrThor
DrThor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi on Crack Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah I realize the pedo-bait, I was trying to find a more appropriate picture, but through a portion of about 40 pages of images, these were the least pedo-like pictures and the closest ones to look like her. Its hard to find non-slutty elf pictures in the first place that look similar to my character as I envision them, its even harder to find elf/half-elf child pictures. I'd draw my own, but I'm afraid I'm a terrible artist, as can be seen by one of my better attempts to draw one of my characters in the past: Cecillia Amaranda Bart HNI_0030

I think she qualifies for a few of those, I just haven't had time to go into detail with it. For instance, she actually believes her teddy bear speaks to her, and is very, very unwilling to part ways with it for any purpouses (Imaginary friend/severe attachment), she generally questions everything said to her and tries to understand things, extreme fear of anyone related to Cyric as a Cyric High Priest killed her biological parents. She's a flawed being, she just generally has a positive outlook on life, prone to the occasional fit (as is any child), etc.

I don't necesarily think a positive outlook on life is an unrealistic thing. Its like someone raised to do "evil." Said person doesn't see things in the same light as those affected by their actions. If they truly beleive that they are doing evil, then it makes them less evil and more just longing for the thought of being evil, but when they have been raised to do what society considers Evil, then they do it because it was how they saw the world, not because of some moral inclination.

In this same sense, Cecillia lived an extremely sheltered life for the majority of her life, being taught how to survive and being taught to enjoy life at its fullest. She wouldn't see the zombies as a threat because all she was ever taught was to stay away from them so she did. She never truly knew about death (until today's RP) and as such I felt it suits her character to be blissfully ignorant at this time. Will her character grow more morbid and/oir at least a little less cheerful? Probably, but it all depends on RP. I think I've seen maybe two characters who were actually psychologically scarred and not generally playful/happy with things to some degree. I've learned from the mistakes made with Tom Min about two years ago, and I feel I can successfully pull off a child character even though the first few yards may be a bit bumpy. As I stated though, her life was generally a sheltered one, so being exposed to all these new elements relating to the social aspect of things will probably give her a new look on life, and will likely develope her into what she may become.

Anyways, thank you for your suggestions into this matter Smile

Some pictures I was debating using and why I didn't:

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Dragon38567-half-elf Felt too grown up for her

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Elf seemed like a good picture, but the size of the image annoyed me to no end.

Cecillia Amaranda Bart Elfgirl Decent picture, but, obviously again, pedo bait and this one I felt was more illicit in said aspect.
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:47 pm

I feel child characters should probably be deprived of the ability to level-up, on the basis that it takes roughly a decade to train, say, a Fighter or a Paladin from a commoner to level 1 in their class.

Actually, here's a complete list of classes and their minimum age of entry.

For humans;

16 years for Barbarians, Rogues, Sorcerors, Bards, Fighters, Paladins, Rangers.

17 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

For a Dwarf;

43 years for Barbarians, Rogues, Sorcerors.

45 years for Bards, Fighters, Paladins, Rangers.

47 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

For Elves;

114 years for Barbarians, Rogues, Sorcerors.

116 years for Bards, Fighters, Paladins, Rangers.

120 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

For Gnomes;

44 years for Barbarians, Rogues, Sorcerors.

46 years for Bards, Fighters, Paladins, Rangers.

49 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

For Half-Elves;

21 years for Barbarians, Rogues & Sorcerors.

22 years for Bards, fighters, Paladins & Rangers.

23 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

For Half-Orcs;

15 years for Barbarians, Rogues, Sorcerors, Bards, Fighters, Paladins & Rangers.

16 years for Clerics, Druids, Monks & Wizards.

22 years for Barbarians, Rogues & Sorcerors.

23 years for Bards, Fighters, Paladins & Rangers.

24 years for Clerics, Druds, Monks & Wizards.

Hence why I think it's completely appropriate that the child character never levels up past one.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  DrThor Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:23 am

Well, not that I'd encourage child character playing since I'd rather not see an influx, but if we had a 'commoner' level system it would work.
DrThor
DrThor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi on Crack Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:07 am

I was planning on never taking it past level 2 since the original system was level 2.

If we had the commoner levels available, I'd have probably taken those instead, but only way I know how to do those is either Leto or PRC, which, either way, is a pain in the ass, but I'll keep them level 1 since you said to keep them as such. I have another character to play anyways, this one is just an RP idea for now.
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:35 am

Commoner class would not be difficult to arrange.

Letoing only takes five minutes, especially if the host themself is prepared to sort it out. But yeah, with the current set up we have, it would not be a pain at all.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi on Crack Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:40 am

Alright, awesome. So does that mean I'd still be limited with the commoner class levels?

And Thank you Smile
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi on Crack Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:56 pm

right, I just technically "leveled up" so how does this work out? Do I just leave it like that, leto and junk, not sure...
Kakashi on Crack
Kakashi on Crack

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 am

I'll arrange something with leto when Avvy gets up.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum