Shadows of Siranda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ithelwin Silversong

2 posters

Go down

Ithelwin Silversong Empty Ithelwin Silversong

Post  Amadahy Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 pm

<Username> Amadahy

<Race Desired> Lythari Elf
"These elf-werewolves share all the abilities of common werewolves, except that they do not have a hybrid form. Their alignment is always chaotic good, and they are often higher-level characters in elf form.

In wolf form, lyrhari are beautiful, with pale gray or silver fur and intelligent blue or brown eyes. In wood elf form, they are beautiful and otherworldly, even for elves. Tall and pale-skinned, they have light blue or green eyes and silver hair.

Lyrhari can only pass on their lycanthropy to other elves, and only in a special ritual performed with the complete consent of both parties."

<Statistics assosciated with the creature>
+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Int, -2 Con
Alternate Form (Su.): A lythari can assume the form of a large wolf up to 10 feet in length. Unlike werewolves, no hybrid form is possible.
Immunities (Ex.): Lythari are immune to charm spells and ghoul paralyzation in both forms.
They also gain the Lycanthrope template:
+2 Wisdom. Physical abilities are increased by the animal form's ability modifiers when a lycanthrope changes to its hybrid or animal forms.
Size same as the base creature or the base animal form.
low-light vision in any form.
Scent in any form.
Racial Hit Dice: A lycanthrope adds the Hit Dice of its animal form to its base Hit Dice for race, level, and class. These additional Hit Dice modify the lycanthrope's base attack bonus and base saving throw bonuses accordingly.
Racial Skills: A lycanthrope adds skill points for its animal Hit Dice much as if it had multiclassed into the animal. It gains skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die of the animal form. Any skills that appear in the animal's description are treated as class skills for the lycanthrope's animal levels. The lycanthrope's maximum skill ranks are equal to its animal form Hit Dice + its racial Hit Dice (if any) + its class levels + 3. Any racial skill adjustments of the lycanthrope's base race and its animal form (but not conditional adjustments) are added to its skill modifiers in any form.
Racial Feats: Add the animal's Hit Dice to the base character's own Hit Dice to determine how many feats the character has. All lycanthropes gain Iron Will as a bonus feat.
+2 natural armor bonus in any form.
Special Qualities (see above): Alternate form, lycanthropic empathy,
Natural lycanthrope: damage reduction 10/silver (in animal or hybrid form only).
Automatic languages: animal
Favored Class: Same as the base creature.
Level adjustment: Same as the base creature +3 (natural).

(I'm really very cool with not getting all the random stuff here. I'm more interested in RPing the race then in the mass amount of combat bonuses it gives.)

--------

Ithelwin yawned and stretched her long body, her mouth opening wide, sharp teeth gleaming in the early morning sun. Her silvered fur was ruffled lightly by the gentle breeze. The breeze that carried the scent of home. Elves and wolves, a mingling of the two. Familiar, friendly, warm. She pushed herself up and sniffed again then bounded down the grassy slop. Leaping onto the back of a larger wolf with a playful growl.

"THEL! Behave yourself. You aren't a pup anymore."

"Sorry mother."

The younger wolf hung her tail in embarrassment. She had just wanted to play a little, but it was a solemn day, and she should have behaved properly. Her delicate body quivered with delight. She would be allowed to go out on her own today. To visit far off lands, or to stay home, whatever she wished. She longed for travel. Longed to see the places the hunters spoke of. To meet other elves, not the Lythari like herself, but Moon Elves, Sun Elves. She even thought it would be fun to meet a human, or a dwarf. She shook herself and looked up at her mother, the elf standing tall and elegant before her.

"Remember Thel, you can always come home, any time you want."

"I know mother. I'll come home, maybe I'll have even found a mate out there."

"Perhaps, that is how your father found me."

She nodded and turned, there was no point in delaying the moment. The community was about, they knew she was leaving and they moved in to say their so longs. It was rarely goodbye, and none of them wanted to think it such. She nuzzled elves and wolves alike, stopping at her sister and nipping the smaller wolf gently in the shoulder.

"Don't spoil the pups too much, Sen."

"Come back soon, Thel."

With that last farewell the silvery wolf bounded into the woods, and beyond, into the world.

She enjoyed her travelling. The other races were so interesting. Most panicked though, when they saw her in wolf form, but only for a moment before they realized there was nothing threatening about her. She had been told that would happen. She never went into the cities, they smelled and had far too many people for her tastes, but she enjoyed the smaller villages, usually going in elven form to greet people.

Eventually her travels brought her to Siranda. She found the Ringwood forest, and within it, a wolf pack. It was easy to join them, as always the wolves were respectful, they listened if she had something to say, but she had no true place with them. Only an temporary place. She would move on again.

And then something strange happened. Strange creatures began to appear within the forest. People that were not People. They smelled wrong. The wolves attacked any that came near, but Ithelwin fled the combat, and she watched as wolves became sick, died, and rose again. This was not an ordinary sickness. She didn't know the details, she didn't know exactly what it was, but the dead were walking, and they were attacking the living.

As larger creatures, larger undead, began to emerge within the forest she knew that her time there was up. The small villages were over run. There were no more boats leaving this cursed place, and she couldn't swim the distance. The only place left to try and find life was the city. Gritting her teeth against the inevitable, and unpleasant, Ithelwin moved through the shadows towards the gates of the city.

Amadahy

Back to top Go down

Ithelwin Silversong Empty Re: Ithelwin Silversong

Post  Fox Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:11 am

I find this application story incredibly interesting, but I'm tentative about allowing Lycanthropes you see, be they Weres or Lythari. Though, given these aren't savage, infectious furballs, it may swing. I'll have a word with the other DMs, and get their opinions on the matter. Thanks for your patience, and an enjoyable, albeit brief, story. =)
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amadahy Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 am

Yeah, the great thing about the Lythari is they can only infect another elf, and they can only do this via a ritual and both sides being 100% willing.

I'll happily wait.

Amadahy

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Well, so far, after speaking to the DMs some, it seems they're generally not perturbed by the notion of allowing a Lythari, provided you live up to the race, though I'm unsure as to how this would be made to work. Could you outline that for me, please?
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum