Shadows of Siranda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Suggestion/Idea's

+7
Captain Pandaroo
JenniferMars
Firestar45
zDarkShadowz
Achrus
Fox
TrinityShade
11 posters

Go down

Server Suggestion/Idea's Empty Server Suggestion/Idea's

Post  TrinityShade Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:59 am

So I was thinking maybe a revamp of our current NPC Zombie's to make them more 'horrifically' evil and hard by offering a 'level' of zombie to make it more interesting for other players and myself than just squashing them in one go. In my opinion, Zombies should have the following. Also I was looking at Undead on D&D Wiki and I thought these would be fun bosses, given their own special abilities and etc.

But first, General Undead.

Zombies: Level 2
Our average run of the mill spawn, slow, mindless, and clumsy, but yet dangerous as a uncanny predator.

Wrackspawn: Level 4
The Wrackspawn is an undead being. Wrackspawn are created/risen from the bodies of those fallen in battle, tortured prisoners, or others who endured extreme pain and bodily damage before death. Wrackspawn are incredibly ugly, with charred black muscles, blood stained all over them, limbs bent in odd directions, a tortured, howling expression, the skin burnt off them, and bones and organs protruding. Wrackspawn are completely mindless, seeking only to kill everyone they see with their bone spears (perhaps made of their own bone) in order to extract morbid revenge on what they mistake for their tormentors in life. Wrackspawn are far too mindless to speak

Wights: Level 6
A wight is given a semblance of life through sheer violence and hatred. A wight can drain the life energy out of victims by touch, turning them into new wights upon death.
A wight appears as a weird and twisted reflection of the form it had in life.

Vampire: Level 8
A vampire can be of any evil alignment, and if its alignment was not evil in life it becomes so in undeath. A vampire retains all the abilities it had in life, plus it gains the ability to drain blood and life energy, and to dominate other creatures with its gaze. A vampire can also command rats, bats, and wolves, or take the form of those creatures.

Vampire Spawn: Level 7
The vampire spawn are undead creatures created when a vampire slays a mortal in a way other than with its bite. Vampire spawn look much the way they did in life (they are usually humanoids), except with hardened features and a predatory look. They also have greyer skin.
Vampire spawn are similar in their habits to vampires, being evil creatures drawn to their graves and coffins. They are much more brutish, stupid and physically stronger than vampires; however, they are more intelligent then the average human[citation needed]. They attack by hammering opponents against walls, punching them, and tearing out their limbs. They can both energy drain, and suck the blood with a bite. Their mere gaze drains the victim of confidence, courage, energy, hope and joy. Vampire spawn have the ability to assume a gaseous form[original research?]. They can also climb upon walls in the manner of a spider. Vampire spawn are, however, also vulnerable to all normal attacks and spells which repel vampires.
Vampire spawn speak Common. They can be of any evil alignment.

Skeleton Warrior: Level 5
Skeleton warriors are created from great warriors by powerful necromancy. Unlike their lesser kin, skeleton warriors retain all of their fighting skill and are highly resistant to magic. Skeleton warriors are difficult to command, and as such are rarely found in groups greater than two or three.

Nightshade: Varies
Types:
Nightcrawler — A nightcrawler is a massive behemoth similar to a purple worm, though utterly black in color.
Nighthaunt — Nighthaunts are gargoylelike and drawn to places of evil power and defiled goodness.
Nightswimmer — A nightswimmer is an aquatic nightcrawler.
Nightwalker — Nightwalkers are human-shaped horrors that haunt the darkness.
Nightwing — Nightwings are batlike flyers that hunt on the wing.

Vault Bosses
(Kinda Ran Out of Idea's for this one)
TrinityShade
TrinityShade

Back to top Go down

Server Suggestion/Idea's Empty Re: Server Suggestion/Idea's

Post  Fox Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 pm

www.dandwiki.com is bogus. While suitable for homebrew inspiration, is not to be cited as a source for anything serious.

Never heard of Nightswimmers or Wrackspawn.

Less keen on intelligent infectious undead being abroad, else we'll have PC Vampire Spawn/Wights within a week.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Achrus Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 am

Libris Mortis, Book on D&D Undead

Thought I'd post this somewhere >.>
Achrus
Achrus

Back to top Go down

Post  zDarkShadowz Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 pm

This is a... zombie survival... server, right?
There's plenty of scripts out there, some quite easy to make, to simulate artificial intelligence for NPC creatures. I made one that has my creature jumping away from the PC to try heal itself when it gets to a certain HP heh, with checks to see how many times it's done this before it stops/ "runs out" of healing spells.

Last edited by zDarkShadowz on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one-liner sentences aren't helpful or constructive :P)
zDarkShadowz
zDarkShadowz

Back to top Go down

Post  Firestar45 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 am

yes this is a zombie server
Firestar45
Firestar45

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:39 am

...*Facepalm.*
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferMars Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 am

Player Buyable Guildhouses perhaps? May allow for the creation of more PC factions..
JenniferMars
JenniferMars

Back to top Go down

Post  Achrus Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:46 am

PC Factions are always good, should probably look into that...
Achrus
Achrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:10 am

The Cult of Cyric is a PC based faction. It was formed because charismatic, popular players got together and had the vision and talent to make it a reality.

There's nothing stopping the rest of you from doing something similar ;o
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Pandaroo Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:53 am

Portraits pack for the server. Very Happy
Captain Pandaroo
Captain Pandaroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:27 am

If people want to send me their portraits and any pictures they'd like to see converted into portraits, I can arrange such a pack.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  DrThor Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Guild housing or player housing is something I can definitely see implemented with little difficulty, we'd just have to figure out a way for players to earn these buildings. I'll have to set down some base rules though, so we don't overload the server, like size restrictions and custom scripts. Players could build their own areas and send them to the module, or requests could be made to the staff if they'd like. I'm thinking that we could have housing applications much like we have racial applications, but with questions and criteria concerning how the house or guild base was acquired and all that. Also, player guilds are quite possible, but in order to keep things organized, I suggest maybe we have a special thread or section to list and keep track of each guild/faction we have, maybe a little explanation on each so if someone wants to join, they have the info.

As for any scripting in general, whether it's for NPCs or monsters or whatever we need them for, all I'm saying is it should be done with caution. I recall quite a few times back in the past (way beyond our time right now) where the server experienced a whole barrage of issues concerning them. I'd ask that we have someone at least seasoned with scripting to handle it carefully and slowly so we don't run into any major or minor but frustrating issues.

Any thoughts on these?
DrThor
DrThor

Back to top Go down

Post  JenniferMars Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:59 am

Your thoughts on Housing and Guilds are definately agreeable.. so.. yes.

And uh.. to be honest, I know what you mean on the scripting. I once played on a server with a WHOLE LOT OF SCRIPTS and it was cool and all but.. I lagged so badly it was ridiculous.
JenniferMars
JenniferMars

Back to top Go down

Post  InvalidOpinion Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Housing would be very, very good in my opinion. Guilds..not so much. I do not believe in categorizing one's alignment, but rather use it all in character and whatnot.

InvalidOpinion

Back to top Go down

Post  Fox Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm forming a portrait pack, so far got in excess of a hundred portraits, maybe even two hundred, but if anyone else would like to contribute their images to the pack, they can feel free. Just, open a new thread if someone plans to.
Fox
Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  MelonGrenade Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:55 am

DrThor wrote:Guild housing or player housing is something I can definitely see implemented with little difficulty, we'd just have to figure out a way for players to earn these buildings.

Any thoughts on these?

How about money? I would quite like to use my seven hundred grand for something worthwhile.
MelonGrenade
MelonGrenade

Back to top Go down

Post  073090 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 am

Fox wrote:I'm forming a portrait pack, so far got in excess of a hundred portraits, maybe even two hundred, but if anyone else would like to contribute their images to the pack, they can feel free. Just, open a new thread if someone plans to.

I have collected 92 of those so far, so if anyone is interested in looking through them to match a character, let me know so I can send the folder. I may search for more when I get some free time, but I can always torrent a pack from old games like the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series.

Back to top Go down

Post  MelonGrenade Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 am

Icewind Dale. Please Icewind Dale (2).
MelonGrenade
MelonGrenade

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down